NSW Labor Leader Jodi Mckay delivers State Budget 2020 reply speech
The NSW Labor Leader Jodi McKay has used her Budget reply speech to reveal Labor’s plan to put jobs at the centre of the State’s economic recovery.
Ms McKay said Labor’s priorities include:
• Passing the NSW Jobs Firsts Bill to make sure taxpayer funds spent on procurement create local jobs and support industry
• A Building Better Neighbourhoods approach to local jobs and infrastructure and a local jobs guarantee at Badgerys Creek and the Aerotropolis
• Getting women back to work through free access to preschool for at least 18 months
• Guaranteed employment, education and training opportunities for young people
• Establishing a Royal Commission into Mental Health and Suicide
“Budgets are about more than just numbers,” Ms McKay said.
“A Labor Budget would deliver for people, their jobs, their families and their communities.”
Ms McKay said the Government’s Budget during a recession and pandemic is disappointing: “This is a short-term Budget. It’s the same one they could have delivered any year.
“The world has changed but this Budget doesn’t recognise that. It’s the same old Budget from a tired 10-year-old Government.”